Provider of Spray Drying solutions for over 20 years
Spray drying specialist, Harry Geurts, has been in the spray drying business for several decades. After completing his Chemical Engineering studies at the Eindhoven University of Technology, Harry developed the skills to become a pragmatic expert. He had a focus on engineering and processing of installations for turning liquid into powder.
Experience as a spray drying specialist
His first experience, as a spray drying specialist, was the optimization of processes with neural networking to improve powder properties. Because of trials, to study the relation between powder properties and process parameters, he improved his theoretical- and practical knowledge regarding spray drying. Besides this, the importance of dynamical changes during processing became clear during the optimizing low level control and modelling. After this period, he worked as a process technologist for ten years and was responsible for several processes, like:
- Spray drying
- Micro filtration
- Vacuum filtration
- Waste water control
Areas of expertise
Because of the extensive experience Harry gained in his career, he became an all-round expert. He can provide answers to challenges or provide second opinions. Whatever the issue is, our spray drying specialist is happy to help you out. His expertise can be summarized to the following:
- Optimizing powder properties
- Optimizing processes to increase output
The optimization process
Several questions could give a kick-start to the optimization process. This way, it’s easier to address issues and opportunities. By taking this into account, the spray drying specialist can come up with questions like these:
- What do we want to achieve (what’s the goal?)
- What’s the benchmark of what we’re doing at the moment?
- What has been tried before, and what was the result?
Spray drying expert: Situation examples
- Taking measurements on the air distributor and improving the flow profile. This immediately led to less contamination.
- Setting up a test for obtaining more porous powder. This was done by employing the right high pressure pump with less shear in the plungers.
- Making one process step redundant by optimizing the product thickness.
Book a FREE introduction
Our spray drying specialist will be happy to look into your processes and be a sparring partner to your process technologist. Want to know how you can benefit from Harry’s expertise? Request a FREE introduction via our contact form.